The Media Freedom Coalition Secretariat is hosted by the Thomson Reuters Foundation.
Data we Collect About You
We may collect and store your contact information such as your email address where you use the ‘Contact’ feature on the website.
We may also collect information on how you use the website and services where you accept certain cookies.
How we use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data for the purpose for which we collected it which include the following:
If you contact Us with queries and/or feedback, Us, Your personal data will be used to respond to Your queries and/or feedback. You can opt out of these communications at any time;
Where you accept certain cookies, Your personal data may be used to improve the website, products and services, or customer relationships;
Where you accept certain cookies, Aggregated Data will be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
In case of any questions regarding our privacy practices, if you would like to execute your rights or would like to submit a complaint, please contact [email protected]. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.